IGCSE – BUSINESS STUDIES
Cambridge IGCSE Business Studies is accepted by universities and employers as proof of an understanding of business concepts and techniques across a range of different types of businesses. Learners will be able to:
• understand different forms of business organizations, the environments in which businesses operate and
business functions such as marketing, operations, and finance
• appreciate the role of people in business success.
They will also gain lifelong skills, including:
• the ability to calculate and interpret business data
• communication skills needed to support arguments with reasons
• the ability to analyze business situations and reach decisions or judgments.
The aims describe the purposes of a course based on this syllabus.
The aims are to enable students to:
• apply their knowledge and critical understanding to current issues and problems in a wide range of business contexts
• make effective use of relevant terminology, concepts, and methods, and recognize the strengths and limitations of the ideas used in business
• distinguish between facts and opinions, and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data in order to help build arguments and make informed judgments
• appreciate the perspectives of a range of stakeholders in relation to the business environment, individuals, society, government, and enterprise
• develop knowledge and understanding of the major groups and organizations within and outside business, and consider ways in which they are able to influence objectives, decisions, and activities
• develop knowledge and understanding of how the main types of businesses are organized, financed, and operated, and how their relations with other organizations, consumers, employees, owners, and society are
• develop skills of numeracy, literacy, inquiry, selection, and use of relevant sources of information, presentation, and interpretation
• develop an awareness of the nature and significance of innovation and change within the context of business activities
• acquire a foundation for further study of business or other subjects.
Ready to transform your education? Explore our interactive courses and start your educational journey today! Click the contact details below to begin your personalized learning adventure.