IGCSE – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
Cambridge IGCSE Global Perspectives provides opportunities for inquiry into, and reflection on, key global issues from different perspectives: personal, local/national, and global.
Cambridge IGCSE Global Perspectives encourages awareness of global problems and offers a range of opportunities to explore solutions through cooperation and collaboration. The course is not about getting everybody to think identically; rather it is a matter of opening minds to the complexity of the world and of human thought and encouraging empathy for the diversity of human experience and feeling.
Our programs and qualifications set the global standard for international education. They are created by subject experts, rooted in academic rigor, and reflect the latest educational research. They provide a strong platform for learners to progress from one stage to the next and are well supported by teaching and learning resources. Our mission is to provide educational benefit through the provision of international programs and qualifications for school education and to be the world leader in this field. Together with schools, we develop Cambridge learners who are confident, responsible, reflective, innovative, and engaged – equipped for success in the modern world.
Our expertise in curriculum, teaching, learning, and assessment is the basis for the recognition of our programs and qualifications around the world. The combination of knowledge and skills in Cambridge IGCSE Global Perspectives gives learners a solid foundation for further study. Candidates who achieve grades A* to C are well prepared to follow courses leading to Cambridge International AS and A Level or the equivalent in a wide variety of subjects, especially across the humanities and social sciences. In particular, this IGCSE syllabus allows progression to Advanced Level Global Perspectives qualifications.
Cambridge IGCSEs are accepted and valued by leading universities and employers around the world as evidence of academic achievement. Many universities require a combination of Cambridge International AS & A Levels and Cambridge IGCSEs or equivalent to meet their entry requirements.
The aims describe the purposes of a course based on this syllabus.
The aims are to enable students to:
• become independent and empowered to take their place in an ever-changing, information-heavy, interconnected world
• develop an analytical, evaluative grasp of global issues and their causes, consequences, and possible courses of action
• enquire into, and reflect on, issues independently and in collaboration with others from different cultural perspectives
• work independently as well as part of a team, directing much of their own learning with the teacher as an active facilitator
• consider important issues from personal, local, and/or national, and global perspectives and understand the links between these
• critically assess the information available to them and support judgments with lines of reasoning
• communicate and empathize with the needs and rights of others.
Ready to transform your education? Explore our interactive courses and start your educational journey today! Click the contact details below to begin your personalized learning adventure.